Water usage

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMC

Reaction score
Does anybody know what the average apartment resident's daily water consumption is compared to those using watersense fixtures?

Also how much the average daily leakage is for toilets, faucets in terms?

Without more information, this would be impossible to answer. With too many factors being left out (how many occupants, how big the drips, how bad the leaks, is there bathtubs or showers, are the occupants young or elderly, etc.), your answer will be somewhere between 1 drop and 1 million gallons.

go to www.epa.gov/WaterSense and they have a table which you can add these unknown variables and get an idea on how much water is being consumed and/or wasted.

Last edited:
Thank you for the advice. I know there a many many variables but I am looking for overall averages.

OK I just read my bill. I have roughly a 2000 SF home with two full baths and a laundry room, I sit on about 1/8 of an acre and have a large front lawn that I water once a day for 15 minutes and planters around the whole property with two people living here and we use on average in June 507 gallons a day. Last year the same time we used 817 gallons a day. I hope this helps a little for what you are looking for. Also I have one sink that constantly drips other than that nothing else leaks. All of my faucets were installed in 97 and I have taken out all of the water saving parts so that I can shower with more than a sprinkle.

Also I have one sink that constantly drips
have taken out all of the water saving parts

^ Obviously not a green house! ;)

Also I have one sink that constantly drips
have taken out all of the water saving parts

^ Obviously not a green house! ;)

Actually my plants are doing great just water then water some more.:D

Back