Unscrew the base of the handle so that I can replace the cartridge?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike K.

Reaction score
For the faucet pictured below, is there a way to unscrew the base of the handle so that I can replace the cartridge? There is no visible set screw that I can see. Any help appreciated and thanks in advance.72980114986__7BDBEA18-C53B-42ED-935E-EFBE08CD2917.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks, that worked, picture below. Next, for extracting the cartridge, the insides are "frozen" and I worry about breaking something. Do you know what comes out next? Should the "gear pin" pull out before unscrewing the big bolt?IMG_2066.JPG

The “ big bolt “ is what you need to turn counterclockwise. Then it’ll all come out.

I’d have to look at how the faucet is built to tell if you need to back yourself up some how. I don’t think so though, I’d pop deep socket on that bad boy and apply man torque to that SOB

Big thanks to the good helpful people on this forum, I finally got the cartridge out and replaced, and the drippy faucet is fixed, total cost $17.00. I don't have a deep 5/8 or 11/16 socket, so I used big vice-grip pliers and a large hammer, tapping backward and forward until she popped free and I could unscrew by hand. Also cleaned up the sink crud with a razor-blade and scrubbing powder and she looks shiny new. I very much appreciate the help!

Latest posts

Back