Sizing well components

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've labeled this diagram with a couple of questions about my well project. Most of the water from the well will go to the farm for irrigation and livestock. I need advice on what settings for pressure switch, CSV (and which one) and PT size and setting. Do you see anything here that I should change? Thanks for the help.CSV1A with 20 gallon tank cross.png

How many houses, 2 or 5?

How many bathrooms?

How many teenagers in said houses?

How far from well to houses?

Joe H

You gave me the pump model number and I just didn't see it. Sorry. Retired, Weekend. Skimming when I have time. 25GS20 is perfect with the diagram you posted. The CSV1A with a !0 gallon tank is really all you need. You can get the PK1A kit with a 10 gallon tank and a 50/70 switch. The CSV1A would be set to deliver 60 PSI constant to the house. If you want to use a 20 gallon tank as in the drawing above, you can get the PK1ALT, which comes Less Tank and get a 20 gallon Water Worker locally.Submersible Pump and PK1A.png

Thank you, that's very helpful. I have a couple of questions,

1. Can the CSV valve be outside in the weather?
2. I can't find the max pressure of the 25GS20. The same pump and piping have worked fine with a large PT, no CSV and pressure set at 50-70 psi which is the setup I presently have. Can I assume that there wont be a pressure problem when I add the CSV?

You can find a curve for the 25GS20 here.
https://www.pumpproducts.com/media/...GPM, Submersible Pumps Technical Brochure.pdf

340' or 147 PSI is max pressure that pump can build at the bottom of the hole. The actual water level in the well will determine how much of that is seen at the surface. For every 2.31' of lift there will be a loss of 1 PSI. So, with a water level of 100' deep (guessing), you will see about 100 PSI of back pressure on the pipe prior to the CSV. All the pipe after the CSV will still only see the 50 to 70 from the pressure switch setting. No problem installing a CSV outdoors as long as you don't let it freeze.

Latest posts

Back