Shower Pan Liner

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasmiesharris

Reaction score
Installing new shower on slab foundation. One wall is the exterior wall of the home and the shower head and body sprays are on this wall, it will have hardibacker, the second wall is an interior wall with a bench that is made out of cinder block, above the cinder block will also be treated with hardibacker. The 3rd wall is a free standing wall that is made completely of cinder block.
What kind of pan liner should be installed, and how does it wrap up a cinder block wall and bench?
I what to make sure that it is done properly, because my previous shower was done improperly and leaked.

Since your building the seat out of block the pan would go in first, you would build the seat after pan and durock. If you have a curved wall i wouldn't use a pan, google Laticrete products, they have a good product i like its called hydro band. You use a membrane in the corners and you roll this thick tar like substance down over the entire floor and lower sides and it makes it super water tight. I know they use this product in upstairs pools in condos and it keep the water in, I'll post up the link later

Last edited:
Back