New Delta Faucet Water Hammer

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allume

Reaction score
Hi y'all! I just changed out my old crappy kitchen faucet for a new Delta "Lorain" with side sprayer. Installation went fine but immediately noticed a strong hammer when opening either the hot or cold, (doesn't do it when closing). Also hammers when using sprayer. Had a plumber come out and he said our house psi was way too high (95) so installed a regulator (now 50 psi). It didn't fix the faucet hammer, he said it was likely just the new faucet construction and it wouldn't hurt anything, just an annoyance. Well, it's extremely annoying! Any ideas? It didn't do it before I changed the faucet so maybe he's right.

Remove the spout by unscrewing it counter clockwise at the base. Set it aside.

Use a coin “ nickel “ to reach into the body of the faucet and make sure the part I have circled in the pic below is tight.

If it’s tight already……remove the diverter by unscrewing with the coin counter clockwise. Flush faucet to remove any possible debris.

Reassemble.

Check for function.

If no love, call Delta and get a new diverter sent to you and install it.
https://pdf.lowes.com/productdocume...X0J3RQ..*_gcl_au*MTU3NjYzMjA3Ni4xNjk4MTc3MzE2
EB62D95C-0ED9-4040-9A27-95591FD002E5.jpeg

You could also try operating the sprayer function multiple times with hot water running. Do that for about 2-3 minutes. I’ve had success by doing that also. Several things can cause same issues that’s why I’m telling you to try several things.

Back