Mansfield issue.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JacobS

Reaction score
Hello All im new to the site. just found it on the web and man am i impressed. You all have some reallly good information. Im a local handyman and come across things occasionally. Unfortunately i'm sure you all have answered this before. The toilet is a mansfield and i checked the fill valve and the drain valve and everything is good. but the bowl will not drain completely. I did adjust the fill level and that seems to help some but not like it should. customer says he had a friend take it off to snake down the pipe but didn't replace the wax ring. Could that be part of the problem? Thanks for the help in advance.

J

Mansfields are notoriously poor flushing toilets.

There is a reason a complete w/ seat Mansfield is under $80 @ Home Depot. They struggle with flushing urine! Unglazed trap way, poor siphon jet design and the flush valve inside the tank only lets about 1 gallon of water through.

Every time a toilet is removed a new wax ring is required to ensure a proper seal has been achieved between the flange and the bowl. Even if you just set it 10 mins ago and have to pull it for some reason.

A leak under the bowl is awful. First waste fills the small cavity between the bowl and the floor. If you did a good job you sealed it in with caulk of some sort. Once the cavity is full, if given a chance the waste will seep in below the tile and water will take the path of least resistance. I have seen it leech its way up the door casing 5 feet from the toilet.

Sorry. Bit of a rant there.

Mansfield sucks. Buy a Toto.

OP,
I just dealt with a poorly flushing American Standard Cadet in our main bath. The problem seeming came from the blue cleaner cakes that the Mrs insists on putting in the tank. I believe clumps of it were clogging the small holes under the rim. After flushing out the tank with hot water and confiscating the blue cakes, the problem seems to be resolved.
FWIW
YMMV

Back