inline pipe valve

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

220ws

Reaction score
I have 3 inch white plastic sewer pipe , standard stuff all the way to the septic tank.
I need to shut down the house and the best way to deal with the sewer gas,S trap, issue
is to install a tight inline valve that I can turn from above and tightly close the pipeline down.
I have a vent on the tank also. Can I get one of these?? I didnt see any in Home Depot..
where onlin can I get one??? My line is only about 20 inches down in the ground ,near the house anyway...

If you are looking for a 3" PVC ball valve, I know "Mueller Global" carrys them, but it is wholesale only. My guess would be to contact local plumbing outfits, both wholesale and retail, to see if they carry them and if they could tell you how to purchase one.

is it really true it will never evaporate..????pros...
and do you push out all the water first with plunger first...?????
about how much is minimum for each drain..???

It takes a long time to evaporate. How long is the house going to be shut down for? You need to flood the traps with the anti freeze. Being a heavier than water product, it will push the water out.

Back