Full bath drain renovation

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squiner

Reaction score
I gutted my 4'x14' bathroom. I am attempting to correctly design the drain and venting. I have attached a drawing of my design. I have checked with the IRC 2009 and I think this is correct.

Based on IRC 2009 Table P3005.4.1, I need to have a 3" drain branch for this bathroom. Therfore, do I need to have a 3" dry vent connected to this wet vent? Table P3108.3 requires a 2 1/2" wet vent for a DFU of 6. But P3005.3 also says "The dry vent serving the wet vent shall be sized based on the largest required diameter of pipe within the wet-vent system served by the dry vent."

The last concern I have is that the vent will be 14' from the toilet, is this too far or does exception for P3105.1 apply here: "Exception: The developed length of the fixture drain from the trap weir to the vent fitting for self-siphoning fixtures, such as water closets, shall not be limited."

Thanks for your help!

Bathroomdrainvent.png

The section of pipe from the shower stall to the vertical vent is not allowed to be horizontal. You need to turn up for the vent, and put a sanitary tee on top of that to attach the shower drain to. The code you are looking at differs considerably from what I am familiar with, so I can't comment on your other questions.

Back