Fitting question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sooners83

Reaction score
This is back to back bathroom sinks. Is this configuration going to create suction? Will be a 1.25in p-trap for each sink. Will this pass IPC as is or does it need to be changed out to a double fixture fitting? Thank you.

Attachments

• 20240421_082352.jpg
    20240421_082352.jpg
    592.3 KB · Views: 0
That bottom ty should be a wye, the 90° facing away should be were your second ty is then you bring a separate vent above the flood level rim of the sinks and tie it back into that original vent, you can use a double ty but if you have a drain stoppage those fittings are harder to drop down into the drain, make all of your traps 11/2" glued traps

If the vertical line going into the slab was 2" it would be fine. But as it appears to be all 1 1/2", Geofd's description is the best way to meet IPC. I don't like double Sanitary tees either.

If the vertical line going into the slab was 2" it would be fine. But as it appears to be all 1 1/2", Geofd's description is the best way to meet IPC. I don't like double Sanitary tees either.
The santees are 2 x 2 x 1.5 then reduced to 1.5in vent. It is 2 in going into the slab. i am going to do his way still though.

Oops, I meant to say it "would be" per code if the "back" P-trap arm was lowered so that is would be in line with the lower Sanitary tee. That would eliminate a lot of rework of your existing piping.

You boys are good, I can't make heads or tails from that picture, don't even see a p trap

Back