Ejector Tanks, should it be treated with microbes?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itlevac

Reaction score
I started to work for a company that has two Ejector tanks one for each building. We have a schedule to clean it twice a year.
I'm wondering if a product like Natures Genius ejector tank treatment (Ejector Tank Treatment — CoreBiologic)
or Aqua Pro (64 Oz (2 Bottle) BioOne Bacterial Liquid Drain Cleaner & Septic Tank Maintenance) would help in preventing build up and or
prolong the life the pumps or is it just a waste of money.
I did notice some thicker sludge on top when we did the last cleaning, but It might have been at least one year since someone did the last clean up.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
thanks Stephan

What is tied into the ejector commercial kitchen,grease traps,bathrooms how active are the buildings,if there are grease traps how often are they cleaned, do you have the panel,pumps floats, or other level sensor serviced??????

it's for 8 showers and 4 bathrooms only in one of the building, and 3 bathrooms in the other. I don't think there are grease traps.
Procedure was to just rinse out and fish out any floating papers etc. which was minimal. I believe nothing else has been serviced. The tanks and pumps were installed new about 2 years ago.
Two pumps in each, with alarms hooked up in case of overflow. I was told the pumps are grinder pumps but I need to verify that.
It is pumped in to the city main sewer lines, which is also pumped because gravity is going the wrong direction.

Latest posts

Back