Do these pipe cutters have any value?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gpag

Reaction score
I’m trying to clean up my shop and have some tools from an uncle who was a master plumber. I’m wondering what to do with these old pipe cutters I’ll never use. Does anyone use these anymore? Do they have any value?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_7779.jpeg
    IMG_7779.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7778.jpeg
    IMG_7778.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7775.jpeg
    IMG_7775.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Looking at Home Depot, these same pipe cutters cost $27, but Rigid has a cheaper model which works as good for $14. Certainly a nice wall hanger.

Looking at Home Depot, these same pipe cutters cost $27, but Rigid has a cheaper model which works as good for $14. Certainly a nice wall hanger.
Better look again, those cutters are big if that’s inches. But I don’t know what they’re worth.

Yes they are big. I see a number of them on eBay that don’t sell.
On the one hand I hate to get rid of them because they were my uncle’s. On the other, I need to get stuff out of my shop. It seems a shame to just send them to recycling.
I also have a large old monkey wrench.

On the one hand I hate to get rid of them because they were my uncle’s. On the other, I need to get stuff out of my shop. It seems a shame to just send them to recycling.

Sadly, you are just going to need to get over it. My FIL years ago was into rock tumbling. My MIL was an incredibly abrasive person (still is) and swears she could hear the tumbler. I carried rocks from Arizona for damn near 10+ years, multiple moves, because he wasn't allowed to have them. On the third move, I was done. I know they have sentimental value, but this is the reason one of the largest businesses in America is storage units. It will be okay.

You won't find someone inteterested in them until you discard them!🤐

We were discussing that box of cables everyone has, somewhere in their house. You know, the old cable connectors, the old HDMI cables, those antenna switching cables, extra power strips, extension cords, etc.

Come on...confess! We all have that box we never need, until you need it!

We were discussing that box of cables everyone has, somewhere in their house. You know, the old cable connectors, the old HDMI cables, those antenna switching cables, extra power strips, extension cords, etc.

Come on...confess! We all have that box we never need, until you need it!
1 box ? I used to be in IT, I had several big totes full. I finally threw a bunch away, but still have one left with any tv cable I could ever need.
I also had bunches of old hard drives...but tools.. I'll never throw a tool away, ever.... my father told me once, buy what you need, you use it once, it's paid for itself. Keep them all, you never can tell if you might need it. The trouble is finding it once you do. Lol

those are black iron pipe cutters , they would be used to cut schedule 40 black iron pipe. if they are that old and the cutting wheel has never been changed and the rollers and the pins also never changed , they would not cut a straight line . Some old plumber might want them a antiques

Latest posts

Back