Can this be used as a clean out?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthonyacapalbo

Reaction score
I just had an issue with my Sewer line. The plumber said I didn't have a cleanout so he had to open the wall and cut into the pipe to install one. Question is that it looks like my gutter is connected to the Sewer. I could be wrong, but does do either of these look like they could be used to clear out my mainline?

thanks
1000005474.jpg1000005473.jpg

Not likely. Most all except special systems like in San Francisco, don't want rainwater in the sewage system. Too much load from rain inundates treatment.

In some outskirts of Boston, the gutter are connected to the sewer they used to combine them, I worked for a company and we had a carpenter repipe the down spouts
And we capped off the sewer connection,that wye going into the ground may be for a dry well that was dug for the down spouts, you should get a cap for that wye to keep debris out what ever that is

In some outskirts of Boston, the gutter are connected to the sewer they used to combine them, I worked for a company and we had a carpenter repipe the down spouts
And we capped off the sewer connection,that wye going into the ground may be for a dry well that was dug for the down spouts, you should get a cap for that wye to keep debris out what ever that is
Thanks

I'm thinking that wye is there for an overflow. If the line backs up the water has somewhere to go

Latest posts

Back