Briggs 1.5 toilet water level in bowl low

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owenb_

Reaction score
I have tried adjusting the float and the chain position on the handle. The inlets don't appear/feel clogged. If I hold the float down manually I can get it to put maybe another 1/2" of water in the bowl but as soon as I let go it goes back down to the original level. Any advise would be appreciated.

1697933414207.png

If water is immediately running out when you’re manually filling the bowl then that’s the max fill level of the bowl.

There’s nothing you can do.

Have you tried to adjust that black Phillips head screw when you back it out the water should stop lower, have you tried to raise the height of the ballcock shut the water off and pull up on the plastic ring a couple of notches then push it back down to lock it in place

If water is immediately running out when you’re manually filling the bowl then that’s the max fill level of the bowl.

There’s nothing you can do.
Thanks. It just seems strangely low compared to most other toilets I've had.

I had Briggs toilets at my last home in Michigan. It was a weekend home, but these toilets were awful. I ended up replacing the guts of the toilets multiple times. Things never seemed to fit or work properly for any length of time. Low water in the bowl was characteristic of one model, one that had a tank insulated on the inside. In retrospect I should have just replaced all three toilets based on the time and parts I threw into them. You can buy reasonably nice toilets in the sun $200 range (less at the time).

Back