Bathroom sink drain

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 32818

Reaction score
My bathroom vanitys's drain becomes slow at least 3 times a year. Usually I take apart the trap and snake it. This is what my plumber had built when he installed the vanity. It works and there's no smell. Is it possible that the upside down part following the "normal" J is slowing down the whole system and causing build ups?

20231114_091405.jpg

Attachments

• 20231114_091348.jpg
    20231114_091348.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
The installation is WRONG. P traps are not conceived to be installed that way.
Either cut out a hole in the cabinet floor or plan on having it plumbed properly by opening the wall (from one side or the other) and raising the drain.

The installation is WRONG. P traps are not conceived to be installed that way.
Either cut out a hole in the cabinet floor or plan on having it plumbed properly by opening the wall (from one side or the other) and raising the drain.
That is exactly what I thought. Thanks for your reply

Breplum is correct , the only way to correct this is to raise the tee connection in the wall so that the pipe coming out of the end of the p trap pitches down slightly

Breplum is correct , the only way to correct this is to raise the tee connection in the wall so that the pipe coming out of the end of the p trap pitches down slightly
Thank you. I can't really work in the wall now. If I cut the cabinet floor and have the p trap fall into it, how can I make the incline you mentioned? I'm thinking the part going into the wall would stay horizontal

Latest posts

Back