Adding second bathroom sink

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My assumption is that those Sanitary tees on their sides are the vents for each sink. Per code, a vent cannot go horizontal before it reaches 6" above the flood rim of the fixture being served. And while there is a debate about using a Sanitary tee on its back for a vent connection to a drain line, it definitely cannot be used on its side for a vent. Nor can it be used for a horizontal change in direction for a flowing drain if those tees happen to be from another fixture on the other side of the wall and there is a vent is inside the wall.

Not legal any way you look at it. Is there another bathroom or. The other side of the wall?

Newcomer to the forum, not a plumber but seasoned home inspector (please be kind and go easy on me :)
I did a search and found this post. Can one of you long time professionals chime in on this setup? I have ideas about what is going on in this bathroom double-sink setup but would rather hear it from you guys. Please take note of the 'T'-fittings out the back of each sink cabinet before commenting...
Start a new thread.

Not legal any way you look at it. Is there another bathroom or. The other side of the wall?
Outside wall. I found the whole setup was weird. The home had 5 bathrooms and the original home was 89 yrs old. Now sure how old the addition was. Wish I had x-ray vision to figure out which way everything went. It was strange seeing the drain go straight down thru the cabinet and so far out from the wall.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back