Looking for replacement parts for old MOEN bathtub

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PWonderland

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm looking for two plastic rings to fit both the hot and cold handles on my bathtub in a house that was built in the mid-1950's. The brand of the faucet is Moen and the attached pictures shows the parts I'm looking for (handle base stamped F11896). These photos are of a sink handle, but they are identical to the bathtub handles minus the plastic rings.

Are there any individuals repairing old Moen plumbing fixtuers, or maybe someone with the original blow-up diagrams for these fixtures? ....Thanks

IMG_2569.jpg

IMG_2568.jpg

IMG_2570.jpg

How do you know it is a Moen.

That handle looks like it has a plastic insert which allows you to change the broach size by using other inserts. I doubt very much that those handles are 60+ yrs old.

You are right about the plastic insert. I'll double check on the brand. But the house is very original and built in the 1950's....here's another photo of the fixture.

IMG_5414.jpg

You need to take off the trim and take a picture of the stem.
I'm going to take a guess and say it might be American Standard AQUASEAL.
But that's like tossing a brown rice grain into a bag of white rice, stir it up, reach back in with out looking and trying to pull that brown grain back out. Good luck

Last edited:
Your right. It's not Moen, it's Crane. I'll get a shot of the stem next.

IMG_2575.jpg

IMG_2576.jpg

:confused:

I wonder (as I frequently do... :eek: )

...if there is anyone saving old NOS pluming fixtures and cataloging specializing in older restorations, similar to auto restoration?

Latest posts

Back