Spray

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirilla

Reaction score
When I built my house I had a spray thing and soap dispenser installed alongside my kitchen faucet. Over time that faucet's cartridge died such that I had to buy a new faucet. Sadly, too late did I learn that the spray unit can not work with the newly installed faucet. :(( Really bummed as the sink is very large. Is there truly no way the spray unit cannot be reconnected?

Thank you both so much for proffering counsel. I bought both faucets from Signature Hardware, their honorably living up to their warranty. First snapshot reflects first faucet that worked beautifully with the sprayer. Second snapshot/faucet, no spray. :(

IMG_2258.jpg

IMG_4396.jpg

Do you have the brand name and model no. of the new faucet? You didn't discard the install info did you... :confused:

Also, a photo of the faucet install under the sink.

yes, it is pretty trim.

http://www.signaturehardware.com/kitchen/kitchen-faucets/dane-single-hole-kitchen-faucet.html

couple of things,,,why can;t the old faucet 's cartridge be replaced ?

I am not understanding why a new faucet was needed

if the faucet you are wanting to install, does not have a spray hose hole then it is the wrong type faucet

faucet and sprayer are bought together as a unit. they are not separate pieces of equipment

above is the link to the faucet manufacture, look at the images, see if you can find your faucet

Reactions: SHR
Yes, Frodo. Belatedly do I grasp that faucets do and do not come with sprayers. Plumber simply told me that the cartridge was kaput such that I'd need to purchase a new faucet. I did think to ask him for cartridge identifier(s) before he tossed the unit and he came up with H-40. Said he hadn't been able to find a replacement yet in truth I wonder how hard he looked. Seemed like a nice man but perhaps not too thorough? I did not toss the original faucet and would give much to have it reinstalled should you know how to source an H-40 cartridge.

Yes, Frodo. Belatedly do I grasp that faucets do and do not come with sprayers. Plumber simply told me that the cartridge was kaput such that I'd need to purchase a new faucet. I did think to ask him for cartridge identifier(s) before he tossed the unit and he came up with H-40. Said he hadn't been able to find a replacement yet in truth I wonder how hard he looked. Seemed like a nice man but perhaps not too thorough? I did not toss the original faucet and would give much to have it reinstalled should you know how to source an H-40 cartridge.

watch this video , at the end is a phone number

call them and get you a new cartridge

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZg6k8DdL0c"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZg6k8DdL0c[/ame]

find you a new plumber, that one does not care what his customer wants

NO WAY! My plumber didn't even contact Signature Hardware?!!! I have an old email from him in which he explains that his research has yielded no H-40 cartridges but that he would be looking further and thence getting back to me. Next thing I heard I had to purchase a new faucet, one that as I recall ran around $250. :(

Well, we shall see what we shall see. Am just off the phone with very nice SH customer service having purchased replacement cartridge with the proviso that some other department MAY ultimately inform me that indeed, the H-40 is no longer available.

Thank you much, Frodo, for your counsel and direction.

NO WAY! My plumber didn't even contact Signature Hardware?!!! I have an old email from him in which he explains that his research has yielded no H-40 cartridges but that he would be looking further and thence getting back to me. Next thing I heard I had to purchase a new faucet, one that as I recall ran around $250. :(

Well, we shall see what we shall see. Am just off the phone with very nice SH customer service having purchased replacement cartridge with the proviso that some other department MAY ultimately inform me that indeed, the H-40 is no longer available.

Thank you much, Frodo, for your counsel and direction.

if the dealer, tells you they no longer carry the cartridge.

ask them, for a list of companies in your area that they supplied the cartridge with,

with the list, contact those stores,
most likely, their is a cartridge on a shelve that needs you

I think to let you know, Frodo, that in the end Signature Hardware was unable to come up with the requisite replacement cartridge. Yet by no means did they abandon me. Rather was I offered a new faucet with sprayer for 50% off. Definitely impressed and appreciative.

Thanks again for your help.

Latest posts

Back