What kind of fixture is this?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgar64

Reaction score
I have a house built in the 1980's. The tubs have fixtures I've never seen before. One needs to be repaired or replaced, but not sure what to replace with or where to find parts for repair. This photo shows fixture with knob off. Note that there should be small diameter shaft threaded on inside and outside. It's broken off in the photo. The broken off part turns water off and on. The plastic part seen in photo adjusts temp.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Here it is with knob on. outer knob controls temp. Inner knob turns water off and on

image.jpg

Last edited:
If you have a big box (Home Depot or Lowes) those Mixit valves are usually in stock. Pull yours and just purchase an identical match.

Reactions: SHR
Or go to the two most forbidden places in plumbing.... Always a good idea

You do not have to worry about "pressure balanced" or "non-pressure balanced". Only ONE cartridge fits your faucet, that is the one you need. Locke Plumbing is awesome and the icky Home Depot carries your cartridge too. If they say "we don't have that one", they are lying, ask to speak to someone who may have the slightest clue.

Sorry if I struck a nerve here with the recommendation to go to a big box hardware store, but I just purchased two of these cartridges at HD and they cost me ~$19 a piece.

Yeah because it is the Danco version. They do not keep the original mixet.

Latest posts

Back