Dumbest question...

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatdragon

Reaction score
This may be the dumbest question ever asked here but I'm just trying to DIY and got stuck.

I'm trying to install a tub filler and the part that is screwed to the copper fitting leaks. I think I did not turn it tight enough but the design of the tub filler is such that the part must be turned to an exact upright angle. If I try to turn harder I won't make a full circle but if I stop turning earlier it ends up not tight enough and it leaks....... I tried many times by starting from a different angle but it looks like that it always latch on the same point so I end up with the same situation every time...... Any suggestions? Any help is very much appreciated!

TK

Uses Teflon tape to wrap the threads on the copper pipe then screw it on

I already used Teflon tape. BTW, after several more trial and error with various thickness of Teflon tape, I was finally able to make that work. Thanks all for your help.

Just make sure that even if the slightest leak occurs, the tub spout will direct it towards the tub.

I had one that leaked and the design of the spout allowed the water to drip behind the tiled wall... :eek:

Latest posts

Back