What Flange and Handles Do I Need (Pics)

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thadco

Reaction score
Hi All,

Could someone please tell me what flange and handle type I need to trim out this shower?

The first picture show the threaded part which to my eyes appear to be 1 3/16" and I am hoping a Danco flange part number 88183 (also pictured) will fit. Does that seem correct?

Next question are the handles? The studs are square and appear to be 1/2" but there look to be angled allen key bumps on all four corners. Do handles fit over those or are they just left over adapters from some old handles and should be removed so that new handles fit over the studs underneath? Sorry if it's a stupid question.

Thanks!

584.jpg

585.jpg

88183-510x510.jpg

15069580.jpg

can you tell me what car this break shoe fits..i hope its a toyota,,,,i have a camry

more info....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15069580.jpg

can you tell me what car this break shoe fits..i hope its a toyota,,,,i have a camry

more info....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, those brake shoes fit all Gen II Ford Explorer/Ranger parking brakes.

Funny!!!

Duh, I know very little about plumbing and perhaps someone who does would look at these pics and know immediately what will fit. That's why I asked here. No need to be rude. Should I look for another, more helpful, forum?

Frodo is one of the best. You will see his face on many forums, and unfortunately we all have to deal with his dry sense of humor.

What he is saying is that there are millions of pics of styles and sizes. Can you narrow it down a bit so we could help you. Where do you live? Custom or tract home? How old is the home? Pics are also helpful so keep 'em coming!

Frodo is one of the best. You will see his face on many forums, and unfortunately we all have to deal with his dry sense of humor.

What he is saying is that there are millions of pics of styles and sizes. Can you narrow it down a bit so we could help you. Where do you live? Custom or tract home? How old is the home? Pics are also helpful so keep 'em coming!

My sincere apologies Frodo. I misunderstood your intent.

I simply don't have any more info available. I got the house this way so have no way of knowing what brand of valves are used, the diverter is generic Home Depot and there is no access panel. The only way to find out more would be to damage the tile and I really don't want to do that.

Unless someone tells me different, I'm going to order the Danco Escutcheons because they really look like they will fit, unless the threads are different.

I'm also really thinking those are adapters on the handle studs. When I go to the house later, I'll see if they come off.

little history.

how did you come across the house ?

ask the realtor WHO built the house, as in what construction co.
then contact the co,
ask who his plumber is
contact the plumber...your trim, might be in a box in his warehouse

other than that. i dunno. there are literally thousands of different brands of faucets,

you could, turn off the water. pull the stem.

take it to a plumbing supply to match it up with handles

good luck

Just a premature guess, but it looks like somebody already stripped the handles off of an American Standard Aqua Seal shower stem and put on a universal handle kit like you find at H. Depot or other big box store.
Shutting off the water and removing a stem with pics would help

Caduceus is probably right that being an American Standard.
My 1st thought as well.
That square piece on the broach is a universal handle adapter.
Remove it with an allen wrench.

Excellent information! Thank you all so much. I will do those things and post more pics shortly.

And now that I think about it, I seem to recall some classic AS cross handles on there before the tenant gutted the bathroom (there's the reason I have no information).

More pictures. Hope these help.

The last pic is off topic. Can you guys tell if this is a Moen 1225?

Faucets 002.jpg

Faucets 004.jpg

Faucets 042.jpg

Faucets 032.jpg

Faucets 045.jpg

Faucets 048.jpg

Only way to know for sure is remove the stem. Do an image search for the stem we already told you what it might be. I'm sure you will get positive results. If not, post a picture of the stem and maybe we can help.
the new picture are all the same. Make sure you replace the seats as well if you are going to rebuild it with new stems.

the last pic is a Moen 1225B cartridge

And more pics/information.

23 splines on the broach (I think - I counted twice).

More Faucet 001.jpg

More Faucet 002.jpg

More Faucet 003.jpg

Ding ding ding! Caduceus wins. I searched American Standard Aquaseal and they clearly match my pictures.

I sincerely appreciate all your help gentlemen. You helped me learn a lot.

Latest posts

Back