Re doing laundry tub drain

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fozzie22

Reaction score
Redoing laundry tub drain from previous owner.double sink drain runs right to left to exit point. Concern is that the Drain pipe runs horizontal with no slope to exit point. Should this cross piece be sloped to ensure good drainage and ensure water gets evacuated. Is there an issue with the way it is currently setup.

The tee at the main stack should be sanitary tee, not a wye.
you should not have 2 p-traps on the same trap arm ( horizontal line to stack ).

Santee vs combo.jpg

ImageUploadedByPlumbing%20Forum1455471481_911331.jpg

2 sink drain.png

Last edited:
you need a ram bit from the supply house and you need a 4'' fitting sanitary tee

th

p403-015-3.jpg

I understand I need to replace the wye with a sanitary t !! How do I cut that out ?? I don't have much room below the wye

cut right ontop of the reducer, flush, with the ram bit, drill the pipe out of the fitting.
glue, the new fitting inside the reducer

on top of the new tee you install

add a piece of pipe and connec it with a proflex plastic x plastic shielded band from a plumbing supply

all the stuff i am telling you to buy. blowes or ho depot aint gonna have, PLUMBING SUPPLY

your pipe looks to be a 4'' pipe on my puter screen

so you want a 4'' spiget x 4'' hub x 2'' hub abs tee

you want a 4'' pl x 4'' pl proflex shielded band

you want a 4'' pasco ram bit

ImageUploadedByPlumbing Forum1455478505.677014.jpg

column.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks a lot !!! My first plumbing project I'm doing at my uncles house !! This was very helpful ! I appreciate all the help !!

Latest posts

Back