Suggest a specific faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ihollaway

Reaction score
Hello all and thank you in advance for any help.

I'm looking to replace my kitchen faucet but I'm trying to find something very particular. Since we wash dishes by hand, I am always concerned by the amount of water being used for rinsing, so what I am looking for is a goose-neck faucet where I can set the temperature (single or dual controls don't matter) but then disable the flow of water until I need it via a mechanical switch or button. I'm imagining something sort of like the 'pause' button that many contemporary faucets have, but in reverse: the flow is always OFF unless I operate the button.

I have seen faucets that perform this feature via touch/tap controls built into the spigot, but I don't want to wire the faucet into the house grid or be replacing batteries on a regular basis - neither really sits well with me or the eco-friendly reasons I have for attempting this project.

Any thoughts?

Franke has a whole line of faucets to suit your need in a residential kitchen, but they can range from $1,500 to $3,000 (or higher).

frankefaucet.png

Costco on line has a similar looking faucet, made by Danze, for quite a bit less. (shows $179.99)

danze.jpg

Just get any single lever handle faucet with the desired gooseneck you want.
It really does not take much effort to flick the handle open and close.
You want to use a switch? you still have to reach for the switch to turn it on and off. What's the diff?

The OP was also concerned with replacing batteries on the "touch" activation faucets. I know many have built in generators which are activated by the flowing water, making replacing batteries non-existent.

Mr_David:

I'm sorry, I thought I was clear in the OP: I want to be able to set the temperature to a comfortable level but then only initiate flow when I want it, so as to save water.

The commercial/pre-rinse faucets look to be exactly what I was looking for and I will investigate further.

Thank you, all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never said you where lazy. I asked what's the diff?

You want a switch but you don't want " to wire the faucet into the house grid or be replacing batteries on a regular basis "
switches require some sort of electrical connection.

Seems like reaching for a valve and squeezing a handle would be more difficult than tilting a lever on and off

How about This :
Install some foot or knee paddle valves.
Chicago Faucets have a nice selection.
Commonly used in medical or laboratories for hands free valve operation.

Foot valves belong down wells ;)

:D Did frodo put you up to this?

Single or dual-

fisher-1kneevalve-3074.jpg

I would think somebody has a version for high end homes.

Latest posts

Back