Water pipe leak

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stan0228

Reaction score
I found some water coming out below the wall outside of my house. Behind the wall is my washer. I suspected that there may be a water pipe leak somewhere behind my washer. So I cut out the dry wall at the bottom of the wall right behind my washer and found all these pipes. Sorry I am new to plumbing so my questions may sound silly. Can someone tell me why there are 3 cold water pipes coming out of the ground? (Please photo) and which one is from the mainline to the washer? I did hear some tiny water sound but don't see any obvious leak from any of the pipes above the ground. Does that mean I have to cut the concrete open in order to find out where the leak is? Thank you very much to your help.

image.jpg

Last edited:
One of those is probably the main feed into the house, one is the cold feed to the water heater/kitchen, and one is the cold feed to a bathroom/bathrooms. Just a guess.

The thing to understand is that the copper pipe is installed that way so that there are no connections or fittings underground. All of the solder joints are made above ground inside of a wall, as you see in your picture.

Yes, you will have to remove concrete to find and fix the leak. There are leak detection companies that will locate it for you.

Latest posts

Back