Toilets Gurgle and clog

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardog

Reaction score
Hello - I recently bought a home 6 months ago and replaced the toilets with Kohler's "no clog" units and they clog easily with my 6yr daughter going #2 and i also noticed they all gurgle. I had the entire system scoped and found no restriction from the vent to the main line connection.

I am now lost as the plumber blamed it on the toilets so i call Kohler who states the toilets are fine but it is b/c i may have went from a large capacity toilet to their low flow so the system needs to be "burped/flushed" to equalize the pressure?!?!

Please help. ty

I used the wax ring that came with the toilets.

I was thinking about pulling them and using a Danco Perfect seal but didnt want to do anything yet as i didnt think both seals would be doing the same thing.

only her bathroom clogs when she goes #2 and both make that annoying gurgle flush noise.

fyi - i clicked your link afterwards and noticed that looks like all the wax rings ive seen with the horn on them.

the toilets gurgle if you just flush the toilet empty. I do believe the wax rings i put in had that horn. What do you think of those rubber Danco rings?

We first went into the attic and scoped the vent line as far as we could but had to stop as there were to many turns so it was hard to go further. we then went into the clean out nearest her toilet (5ft away) and only got maybe 15ft and the turns started causing issue so I pulled the basement toilet as we wanted to see the 4-6in connection as I was told by the town is was 3/4 clogged with tree roots. Smh, there was a few strands of roots that wouldn't of caught a piece of toilet paper.

Last edited:
Whoever you had "scope" your entire system does not know what they are doing. They did not "scope" the ENTIRE system. You have a partial clog. Have the drain snaked by a professional, not the person who "scoped" your system. Your problem sounds alot like a root clog.

I watched him put a camera in at that toilet for 15ft which is the basement in which we then put the camera in that toilet and there are no roots in the line as i watched the camera screen the entire time.

15' is just getting started on a drain inspection. That confirms he does not know what he is doing. You need to go all the way to the sewer in the street. If he tells you the pipe turns and bends so he can not go the required distance, he is showing his lack of knowledge. Get someone who knows what they are doing to give you a second opinion. And do not call any company that rhymes with Moto-Scooter. Many of their franchisees send out "techs" straight off the street with little or no training and instructions to jack the price up by making up any story they can.

Please read all my posts again. The company who came out has one of the best ratings in the areas which in my case didn't help me much...

Drain problems can be a serious headache. All it takes is getting the right person to help you. Unfortunately as you found out, that is not always easy. Any professional who scopes a main drain 15' and says that's all the further I can go, either has junk equipment or does not know how to use a scope. Seriously, good luck with your problem.

SHR - all you have done is put down the company who came out and never read why i said he could only go 15' on ONE line. reading is fundamental and its obvious you lack that...

The professionals helping on this site are all volunteers. When these volunteers themselves get put down, it becomes a very quiet thread. {just saying}

Instead of spending time defending this plumber, please provide us with as much specific information as possible so we can help you.

The professionals helping on this site are all volunteers. When these volunteers themselves get put down, it becomes a very quiet thread. {just saying}

Instead of spending time defending this plumber, please provide us with as much specific information as possible so we can help you.

with all due respect, this guy has not given me any type of usefull info and has put down the plumber so that is the pot calling the kettle black.

i believe the information i provide was the entire story as no one else has asked me anything else but what i already noted as being the issue.

Vent is clear
All lines are clear to the main connection
Connection to to main street trunk is clear per the city
Brand new toilets ( same model from Kohler )
Kohler said its not the toilets and i should flush the vent to equalize the system being i went from a higher gpm to this one

Hey, I'm on your side. I want your headache to go away too. The "plumber" B.S.ed you and you believe it because they are really good at the B.S., just letting you know.

You have been given correct FREE advice on how to fix the drains. You have chosen to dismiss the advice - that is your right. Good luck fixing your problem.

Latest posts

Back