Tub Faucet (driving me crazy)

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoosier205

Reaction score
Initially I was only going to replace the shower head, but unfortunately I have a Positemp issue (I'm assuming...hot water only at the moment). I cannot for the life of my get this sucker to come apart. I removed the screw from the center, but no matter how hard I pull it will not come off. I can turn it left and right to turn the water on or off, but cannot remove it. What am I missing? I'm afraid I will rupture a pipe in the wall if I crank on it any harder. I even beat the hell out of it with a hammer and torqued on it with a pry bar!

LoEgaAO.jpg

2HIuSrd.jpg

Last edited:
Try some PBlaster, and let it sit overnight.

Are you sure that it is a Moen PosiTemp? The first picture looks sort of like that, but I don't see the telltale notch in the second picture.

Try some PBlaster, and let it sit overnight.

Are you sure that it is a Moen PosiTemp? The first picture looks sort of like that, but I don't see the telltale notch in the second picture.

In all honesty...I am not sure. It is a Moen, but I am not absolutely certain about the PosiTemp bit. This is not something I have dealt with before and the bulk of my wisdom comes via Google on this. :)

My assumption is that the grayish piece out front is support to slide straight out and off, which will allow me to slide off of the wall plate and the sleeve...thereby exposing everything else.

Here are some additional photos. The first two are from the top, while the third and fourth photos are from the bottom of the fixture:

fmMtDli.jpg

7jLhbZx.jpg

4TbZ5dH.jpg

KAsGfYK.jpg

Thank you so much for your help. Sincerely.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back