How to emptying water from drain pan under washing machine?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h_loyali

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I have a Portable washing machine in apartment and for safety I purchased a washing machine drain pan( same as one in pic below) and placed it under washing machine . Since couple months ago my washing machine drain hose from inside disconnected( I don't know why , maybe because of the loss of adhesive) and huge capacity of water came out , I decided to prevent it.So I placed the drain pan under washing machine , now looking for some ways or something inexpensive to connect to drain pan to remove water immediately after leaking before overflowing from pan, what is your suggestion?

Note: I bought a Hydrofarm AAPW160 160-GPH Active Aqua Submersible Pump but it didn't remove water quickly , only 160 Gallon per hour .

Thanks,

51hAYZPb2HL._SL1454_.jpg

Last edited:
Hi loyali, lets look at wht caused the problem in the first place.

can you post a picture of the wshing machine hose where it connects ? if i can see what blew apart

maybe we can fix that problem, so an expensive pan and pump wont be needed

Hi loyali, lets look at wht caused the problem in the first place.

can you post a picture of the wshing machine hose where it connects ? if i can see what blew apart

maybe we can fix that problem, so an expensive pan and pump wont be needed

Thanks for reply , I fixed the leaking with adhesive and clap couple months ago , I'm planing for future if same thing happened.sort of Crisis management.

Unfortunately I cannot take a picture right now because I should open back of the washing machine and... but the problem is the hose , one side of hose connected to drain pump and other side connected to external drain hose.and because of pressure and hot water that comes to drain hose it removed the glue or adhesive and disconnected .

In the center of the forefront of the picture is the high capacity drain connection hole and the drain adapter is pictured...Why the question?

In the center of the forefront of the picture is the high capacity drain connection hole and the drain adapter is pictured...Why the question?

Because I cannot use gravity drain and bathroom doesn't have floor drain So I need to connect something to drain pan to remove water as soon as possible to prevent overflowing.

The most common problem with a washer flooding is a hose rupturing.
A pan is not going to save you.

Curiosity is, what needed adhesive?

Thanks for reply , I fixed the leaking with adhesive and clap couple months ago , I'm planing for future if same thing happened.sort of Crisis management.

Unfortunately I cannot take a picture right now because I should open back of the washing machine and... but the problem is the hose , one side of hose connected to drain pump and other side connected to external drain hose.and because of pressure and hot water that comes to drain hose it removed the glue or adhesive and disconnected .

you got me worried with "adhesive and a clamp"

POST A PICTURE of the problem , we will help

Here is photos.Hose looks good and sturdy but I'm worried !

A busted pipe behind your washer, 1/2'' pipe at 50 psi will dump approx. 12 gallons per minute into that pan

that pan has a 1'' drain it can not drain 12 gallons per minute, it will be overwelmed in 10 seconds

So what can I do if something happened/hose dissconected? how to empty water from pan immediately ? ( my washing machine is 1.5 Cube feet)

20151011_231236 1.jpg

20151011_231236.jpg

20151011_231225.jpg

20151011_231213.jpg

Last edited:
I am assumeing, the hose came off the last time it leaked?

because of those POS spring clamps

replace them with a gear clamp, picture below

th

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP...4a3e43H0&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

their is nothing you can do to stop the water if something breaks.
that is what insurance is for.

Last edited:
Thanks, I will try to change both side of hose though it is hard because hand can not go through this.
I am assumeing, the hose came off the last time it leaked?

yes, it was because of those spring clamp and using hot water.

How about wet/dry vac ? could be useful when hose break and it can suck up all water quickly?

Last edited:
Because last time when hose came off , tube was full of water so turning valve off cannot help!

No , it is not. It is hard and not flexible.I will change it but...

How about the Wet/Dry Vac? A 8 or 6 gallon vac can suck up all water in 2-3 sec?

Do you / anyone else have experience with working wet/dry vac for water?

Last edited:
I was under the impression we were talking about the water inlet.

seems we are discussing the drain.

IF...it is logistically possible.

run that drain pan in 1'' pvc outside. is your washer on a outside wall? or in the middle of the house?

Latest posts

Back