Please identify pipes

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rookie24

Reaction score
Hello. My basement is stubbed for a bath but I'm not sure which pipe is my drain. Can someone please tell what each pipe is starting from the gravel one near the wall in the picture.

I'm putting a large aquarium in my basement and need to know which one I can stick a hose in to drain my tank water during cleanings. Thanks everyone!

image.jpg

Thank you Frodo!! I appreciate the clear explanation. Is it safe to simply remove the cap and drain away or does something else need to be done first?

I don't think so but I'm not 100% sure. Sorry, I don't have any plumbing experience. If there's a way for me to check just let me know. The basement is completely unfinished and I'm also on septic if that matters. Thanks!!

lol @ rut roo!!
The septic is actually on that side of the house and below the basement floor.

Ok, So worst case scenario, I get a rut roo backup and need to break out the shop vac to clean up the spill on aisle 3 Or will I need to call a pro to drain that pipe if that happens?

evaporation..

sounds like your tied into the septic.

look up in your basement ceiling, do you see a 2'' pvc pipe or a 3'' pipe with a cap on it?

I wonder if they ran a future vent for your future bath room.
is their any other plumbing in the basement?
that might have a vent.

Yes. There are two 3" pipes running up to the main floor and down into the slab. The one in the new picture basically runs to the main bathroom and the other 3" is on the other side of the house connected to kitchen, laundry and master bath.

image.jpg

Here is another picture of the 3" running up to main bathroom.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back