New Septic Field damp in areas at surface

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norby

Reaction score
Hi,
I had my Septic Field Replaced last Oct. 2014 I have not put down any grass seed yet. It's just graded dirt in the front yard I plan on seeding it next month. The job was done right they added sand which made the depth of sand about 8' new gravel and pipes. I have noticed that there are small areas that are damp not wet at the surface. While the rest of the area is firm and dry. Some damp areas are long and narrow but not running the same way as the drain pipes under the ground. It was 74 and Sunny all day yesterday and those areas are still damp,( not wet ). I dug down in these areas about a foot and it's damp not wet. I live in Southeastern Michigan. Could this be the frost line,or something else. Strange because this is a new field so water should be going down not up. The areas I'm talking about are spread out about 3 to 4 feet apart,the damp areas might be a foot round to 1' x 4' oblong. There's only about 5 damp areas in the entire field.

Latest posts

Back