Help! Ubearable noise from Taco Hydronic Circulation Pump

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SUPERLOUDPUMP

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've been living in an apartment for 1 month and I've had to deal with this obnoxious noise from the heating system 24/7 which is preventing me from sleeping at night. I narrowed it down to the Taco Hydronic Circulation pump and called the landlord who brought in a plumber. The plumber claims that the noise is normal. I know from extensive research that these units are typically silent or close to it. Can anyone take a look at this video below and tell me what the heck is wrong with this thing so we can get it fixed ASAP?

Thanks!

J

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN-yGeBfAiM[/ame]

Last edited:
Landlord claims it was oiled a month ago. Extremely hot motor seems to support the need for new bearing assembly.

"The plumber said that the basic problem is in the piping design and the way the pump is located and mounted. He was going to explore if there is a way to baffle or isolate the pump using a rubber fitting" <--- Is there any logic behind this?

turn it off. spray a can of expanding foam into the coupler. wait 30 minutes and turn it back on. I'll bet it will be as quite as a mouse. Down side is the water will be cold in the morning. Just kidding though. I don't condone sabotage. I'm guessing they just don't want to spend the money for the parts.
It's and easy job.

One thing i noticed, the motor is not supported, i have NEVER installed a pump without a hanger

also, taco pumps are persnickidey, it can be installed on the vertical or horizontal as shown, but can not be installed below the level horizontal plan. it will burn up

images (3).jpg

Latest posts

Back