Help for flooding on drive way - gutter experts?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanessaLimHamm

Reaction score
Hi,
I have 2 places which have major flooding outside (image 1)
1) driveway - there is a huge drop (varying from 25 cm to 40 cm - image 2) from the neighours property to my rental. I would like help on trying to get rid of the water that accumulates there please. Should I put a plastic guttering down the edge of the drive and somehow get it out to the road?
2) there is a huge pool of water that is close to the driveway flood (image one with the circle), we have put lots of dirt down and then put concrete slabs down (image 3) should I put some guttering system along the sides or front, back of the concrete slabbed area?
Many thanks for your suggestions and help.
Regards, Vanessa

2014-09-21 14.03.37.jpg

40cmDrop3.jpg

2015-03-01 18.46.51.jpg

I would have it landscaped better if it was my property. Give the water a place to run off, instead of pool and rely on a system to drain it away.

Unfortunately the reason the concrete blocks are there is because my tenants insist on parking their cars and reversing there (which made the original pool with the circle a COMPLETE mess). I can't concrete due to a council storm water pipe going under there so the blocks were the only thing I could do which I could move when the tenants leave. Would a gutter work along the fence? (p.s. my husband went to Dal & is from NS).

Could you get some loads of gravel in there and level it off? That way wou wouldn't have so much pooling.

And those pictures sure aren't recent. We're all iced up in Halifax!

They are recent, we're in Auckland, New Zealand :) I was told on the weekend to do a grate and cesspit that would connect to my downpipe to get rid of the water.

Hi our solution was to install a grate and connected to storm water.
Thanks,
Vanessa

38665b3b3fe6b4024bc08ca21aa25819.jpg

Latest posts

Back