Strange pit and water in the house

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessie22

Reaction score
Hello, I have been getting water in the house and it's troubling me. I'm trying to figure out where it's coming from and how to fix it.

The water appears on the floor of my laundry room below a slop sink and the washing machine. The laundry room is located near back side of my house. The wall where the water appears is not a perimeter wall. Directly behind the wall in question is a half bathroom. There is a pipe that I think is related to my sewer system on the wall directly above where the water appears. About 5 feet in front of the washer is the chimney and furnace.

The water doesn't seem to be coming from the laundry machine or the slop sink or the sink in the bathroom. Could it be related to the water outside? Whenever we have heavy rain or heavy snow (like now), I get water on the floor. Or is it most likely from in the wall somewhere?

My house is a split level on a concrete slab, no basement. All the dry wall around the water problem is ruined.

On the front (street) side of my house is a strange pit located in a crawl space. From what I've read online, I suspect it's a sump pit; there is no sump pump. Whenever I have looked, the pit has had water in it. I don't check it all that often. The pit is not located next to where the water appears on the floor; it's like maybe 15-20 feet away and all the floor between is dry.

Any ideas, aside from hiring a plumber of course? I realize I may have to do that but if there is a way I can fix this myself worn my dad's help, I'd rather do that. I have pictures but I'm not sure if they're uploading or not.

Latest posts

Back