No Markings on faucets

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coffeesnob

Reaction score
Why in the world don't manufacturers stamp their name on their fixtures. My tub faucet cartridge leaks ( brass ceramic disc) and noone can tell me what brand it is. I have looked inside, outside, over and under byt no marks. Heck even the so called expert plumbing shops around here can't help.. I have sent pictures of the cartridge with dimensions to an online store that has "everything" and they said sorry...do you know the manufacturer..This aggravates me....

I do not know if this is true all over the USA.

in my town we have a plumbing supply shop, that caters to repair plumbing . you can buy regular stuff their, but Arenders
has been around since God was A corporal, the saying around is, if you cant find it, Arendres has it.

talk to a plumber, he will tell you where he goes for hard to find items
also another tip, take the part with you to a supply house, a lot of parts are interchangeable, just not labeled that way
you could be asking the wrong question, instead of do you have a part #*****
hand him the part, do you have this?

just my opinion, good luck

I do not know if this is true all over the USA.

in my town we have a plumbing supply shop, that caters to repair plumbing . you can buy regular stuff their, but Arenders
has been around since God was A corporal, the saying around is, if you cant find it, Arendres has it.

talk to a plumber, he will tell you where he goes for hard to find items
also another tip, take the part with you to a supply house, a lot of parts are interchangeable, just not labeled that way
you could be asking the wrong question, instead of do you have a part #*****
hand him the part, do you have this?

just my opinion, good luck

Thanks, but I have tried all the above. If I could nail down the faucet manufacturer I think I could find the right part but too many brands have the same looking faucets.

Post a picture. MAYBE we can help. But not without a picture or 2. Nothing to loose. Free Advice here.:)

If it has ceramic disc at least it's not older than when God was a corporal. :D

Last edited:
here are pics from the faucet. I have been told this is a pricepfister, a moen, a newport brass, a pro flo ( which the tub is a pro flo) , if you go online they all look alike. I sent pics to moen and newport brass and they said it isn't there brand.One faucet isn't a big deal but I have 3 sink faucets that look like the tubs and I don't want to have to buy 4 faucets when those psrts go bad.

faucet.jpg

faucet2.jpg

faucet4.jpg

Trim looks like Moen Monticello, not sure about the stems???? but I'll look into it

stems almost look like the Kohler GP77005RP / GP7006RP

But those handles look like Moen Monticello , But Monticello stems are plastic???

There is 2 other similar stem hansgrohe and Grohe

Latest posts

Back