Leaking auxiliary filter faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RadDad

Reaction score
CYJmBbG

Hello everyone,
This is my first post here, so please be gentle on me. I have a reverse-osmosis water filter under my sink and it leads up to the faucet on the left in the pictures. One day when I turned the faucet on it kept dripping and it has gotten worse every day. I've done quite a bit of googling on this, but most results are for a different type of faucet. Would something like this even have a cartridge to replace? How can I stop the leaking without a plumber?

Thanks in advance!!!

Edit: Pic is here: http://imgur.com/CYJmBbG

some R.O. units use a faucet that has 3 tubes going up into the unit. some just have 1 tube. The ones with 3 have the waste water going up into the faucet like an air gap on a dishwasher. others send the waste straight to a drain connection.

Try this. If the goose neck spout sometimes will pull out of the base. has a couple O-rings on it. this will allow you to slide the handle off. Then there is a small bar like a tee on top of the valve stem. Rotate it counterclockwise 1 half turn or 1 full turn and slide the handle back on to the tee bar. I did this last week to one I replaced some filters on. Was a General Electric R.O. system. the handle pulls up on the stem to open faucet. turn stem Counterclockwise I believe loosens the pull on the stem just a little and it may seat better.

CYJmBbG

Hello everyone,
This is my first post here, so please be gentle on me. I have a reverse-osmosis water filter under my sink and it leads up to the faucet on the left in the pictures. One day when I turned the faucet on it kept dripping and it has gotten worse every day. I've done quite a bit of googling on this, but most results are for a different type of faucet. Would something like this even have a cartridge to replace? How can I stop the leaking without a plumber?

Thanks in advance!!!

Edit: Pic is here: http://imgur.com/CYJmBbG

Two ways you can do this, (1) get a faucet repair kit but you'll need to know what the brand is - from the picture it looks like a QMP102 but I can't be 100% sure as there are different brands. A repair kit will cost about $8.00 and the part number for the QMP faucet, if it is one, is QMP519. (2) replace the faucet completely. A new faucet is about $20.00

Repairing won't be hard. You'll need to pull the spout out and replace the lever and small valve parts inside but for the hassle, you might as well buy a new one if you are not up for it.

Good luck

Latest posts

Back