No pressure after changing seats/spring

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RTchips

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I hope you can help solve my problem. I had a leaky Delta ball faucet so I replaced the springs and seats, put it back together and now just a trickle comes out, the water pressure doesn't change when on hot or cold. So I took it back apart and replaced with original seats/springs and the same thing, no pressure. Took it apart again and left it apart and turned on the water and it came out full blast threw the two holes along with black chunks that looked like old washers? Also no I am now unable to turn off the valves under the sink and have to turn the main water off. Are those black peices part of the valve that was under the sink? Do I just need to keep flushing out the lines? Any insight will be great. I just hope its something easy!

There was just a trickle with the aerator off. It is back on now and is cleaned. I believe that was not the problem. Any other suggestions?

No, if the seats somehow managed to stick down in the inlet opening, it wouldn't shut off.

You probably need to replace the stop valves under the sink. Shut the main water off and take the stop valves apart, see if there is parts of the rubber seal in them.

Okay. I will replace the shut off valves tomorrow. After that is done do I unhook the feeder lines and see if there is blockage in there? When I had the seats and springs out and the ball and handle off, I had high pressure shooting out of the handle to try and flush things out, which somethings did flush out. Do you think once I replaced the springs and seats, the suspected blockage is there under the seats and springs and preventing the pressure?
Thanks in advance!

Pull the spout off and remove and clean the diverter valve too. I recently repaired a Moen faucet with this problem. 2 other "plumbers" had wanted to change out faucet for big bucks. Fortunately this customer's daughter lives in the same apartment building as a Master plumber who has me do most of his faucet work. Cleaned badly clogged diverter and works like new.

Last edited:
So... a few days later when I was at work the wife turned on the faucet and a bunch or air came out and the sink is back to normal. No dripping or anything with the same seats and springs. So I did not have to take it apart again. Problem solved so far. Thanks everyone;).

Latest posts

Back