Valvers Under Sink

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsfrance

Reaction score
Hello. My name is Tom and this is my first post here. I would like to say hello to everyone and thanks for any help you can give me.

We just bought a 14 year old manufactured home and we replaced the dishwasher. After connecting everything I noticed that the on/off valve to the dishwasher had a tiny drip. So I removed the fittings made sure I had tape on them and then redid them. Still a tiny drip. I believe it is coming from the little piece that you turn when you want to shut the valve off or turn it on. I have enclosed a picture of it. I would just buy and replace the valve but as you can see it is held on by some clamps that looked like they are crimped on and Im not sure how to deal with that. What I am wondering is there a washer of some kind in the top of that valve that may have gone bad? That would be a much easier fix than removing the whole valve. This valve has probably been in the on position for many years, possible 12 and as soon as I shut if off and then back on again thats when the dripping started. I hope I have explained it well. Here is a pic. Thank You. Its the valve on the right.

IMAG0668_zpsoyij6olu.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the help. I did that and it is still a very slow drip. Yes the arrow is where it seems to be leaking.

If you dont have a crimping tool to replace the entire valve, you can buy that same valve and swap out the guts by backing off that big nut, then turning the handle counter clockwise.

If you dont have a crimping tool to replace the entire valve, you can buy that same valve and swap out the guts by backing off that big nut, then turning the handle counter clockwise.

Thanks. That sounds like a good idea. Much appreciated.

I know it's been a while since I posted this but I want to say that I could not find guts to work but in a few days the thing stopped leaking and has been dry for a few months!

Has been a while. At least it stopped, but be prepared for it to happen again next time you use the valve

Latest posts

Back