Price Pfister Kitchen Faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaryC

Reaction score
Hello Guys. I have a Bixby single handle kitchen faucet. The water stream had diminished to about half. I cleaned out all the lines but no luck. I tried to loosed the retainer nut to get the cartridge out but could not get it loose.

So, I went down and bought the same (new) faucet. No problems now. But I still tried to get the retainer nut off the old faucet to check it out. Those two little flats on the nut just wouldn't cut it. I ended up using a pipe wrench to break it loose and found all kinds of crud in there that was the problem. Of course that screwed up the threads on the nut. I contacted Price Pfister and they are sending me a new retainer nut.

That old faucet had been in there for about 4 years. So what I'm wondering is if I should try to remove the retainer nut on the new faucet and maybe put some water proof grease on the threads so it will not seize up like the old one did? Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
CaryC

Yes. Use silicone plumbers grease and you will be happy down the line when you have to service the faucet.

Latest posts

Back