Plumbing Forum - Professional & DIY Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion > General Plumbing Help > Help ID'in a faucet

Old 07-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #1
Moose

Default Help ID'in a faucet

I'm having a problem with a sink faucet leaking and last night it got very bad and was like someone turned the handle very slightly and it was non-stop running. I was able to take the cold water handle off and tighten down the inside nut and then tighten the handle up to stop the leak for now. But I was wondering if anyone knew a web page I could use to help me ID this faucet or maybe if someone had a guess at what it may be here.

I'm pretty mechanical and with the right diagrams don't mind sitting and learning to fix stuff. I have a huge package of universal rubber seals for sink faucets but I'd rather try to ID it and buy the exact parts to replace then do a jimmy rigged fix and have it break down the line again.

Any help anyone could give would be greatly appreciated. It's an older faucet so I'm having problems locating it on the main companies pages. I'm guessing from the 1950's. I wasn't even able to find a name on it so even if someone knows where I could find a part number or name on it that be a huge help for me to research.

20130722_100010.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2013, 03:17 PM   #2
johnjh2o

Liked 445 Times on 349 Posts
Likes Given: 291

They're American Standard heritage. There are two types that take different faucet washers. One is just the a standard washer the other is shaped like a high hat. They're called aqua seals. http://www.amazon.com/home-improvement/dp/B00B482ZV4

John

Caduceus Likes This 
Old 07-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
Moose

Thank you so much johnjh2o I really really appreciate it!!

Old 07-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #4
johnjh2o

Liked 445 Times on 349 Posts
Likes Given: 291

If you have any trouble finding the parts you need check on line with Kissler they're a good company.
http://www.kissler.com/

John

phishfood Likes This 

Quick Reply