Winterizing exterior faucets- a question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JTC

Reaction score
So, after the events of this thread here: http://www.plumbingforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12266

We've winterized the exterior faucets. I've opened up the bleeder valves for both the front and back faucets; the rear one seems fine, but the front bleeder (for the line leading to the faucet which is pictured in the thread provided) seems to have a LOT of water coming out of it when I unscrew it.

Is this just a lot of water in the line, is the shut off valve not entirely closing (I've turned it shut as much as I can, no more in fear of snapping the handle off), or something else? The other bleeder valve dripped a bit then stopped.

I'm thinking of just having the plumber come out soon to replace both the exterior faucets and take a look at the internal shut off valves (the exterior faucets are both worn/old, builder grade, and each has a very, very slow drip when fully opened outside but with internal shut offs closed); do plumber calls in the winter typically cost more than usual if there's not a broken pipe or weekend work?

Latest posts

Back