Sewer + Water Lateral Question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jb9

Reaction score
Hello,

I am putting together a site plan for my building permit and I just received the as-builts from the town that show the water and sewer layout. The sewer hookup is on a far corner of my lot which isn't ideal for how I am exiting my house and adjacent shop(overhead sewer) so I would be interested to see if I could run my lateral as shown (only using 22 1/2 turns as needed). I will probably run 4" PVC as that is dimension of the connection. I will probably reduce to 3" once I am inside the building envelope. Does this look reasonable from a maintenance standpoint? I'd be curious to hear how a pro might choose
to run this sewer line. I do have the profile drawing so if folks need depth information I can get it.

Thanks in advance.

SewerWaterLateral1.png

SewerWaterLateral2.jpg

Giving this thread a bump. Also, I spoke with the city engineer and he confirmed I will use 4" for the lateral until I reach the saddle at the street. Can anyone also confirm what kind of lateral fittings I can use on the horizontal? Is it just 22.5 degree turns for a sewer lateral?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Latest posts

Back