30 mm spring direction on motorised drain cleaner

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbedwire

Reaction score
Hi. I have a new no brand machine.( prob a rigid 1500 copy .) .... I have worked out how to spin the spring clockwise and anti clockwise. And I have worked out how to use th motor to auto feed the spring into the sewer ..... I have read in the instructions to chew into the blockage in fwd and minimise the torque in reverse ( spring damage. ). So this coil spring that is about 30 mm diameter , when I am spinning into a blockage that starts to get a bit tough and if the cutter on the end stops, but my machine is still running am I sposed to have it set up so that under pressure the coil tightens ( as if to make the coil diameter smaller ) ? And then as the pressure eases of everything is back to normal. I imagine it would be bad for my coil spring to be under heavy torque in the opposite direction ( increase in diameter under load ). This is so hard to describe properly I prob sound completely mad.

Latest posts

Back