4 3 Closet bend flush with concrete

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason27

Reaction score
I'm adding a bathroom to the basement and dug a trench in the concrete. Laying the PVC and determining what to do with the 4 3 Closet Bend prior to redoing the concrete. I will be tiling the floor and assume a 1/4" to 3/8" or so height for tile and thinset. I can do one of the following:

1) Secure the 4 3 closet bend flush or perhaps a 1/4" above the level of the concrete. I'd then use a spigot 4" toilet flange once the tile is finished.

2) Put a 4" pipe in the 4 3 Closet Bend stubbed above the concrete. The closet bend would be then completely submerged below the concrete. I'd then cut the 4" pipe after laying tile flush withe the tile and use a 4" Hub toilet flange.

Thoughts on the preferred approach? Or does it not really matter? I think the 1st method will give me more pitch. I have 7" from the bottom of the slab to the top of the inlet pipe to the ejector pit with a 16' 3" pipe run. So that gives me plenty to fit within the 1/8" per foot minimum.

You're going to want the top of the closet flange flush with the finished floor.
use 4" street/spigot x 3" hub closet bend. wrap the outside of the spigot with so some foam or bubble wrap. Then after you finish the concrete pull the bubble wrap off and cut the spigot flush to concrete. Then set a 4" hub flange on the spigot. Foam/bubble wrap is to leave a void for the hub. I prefer the adjustable stainless steel ring flanges. A 3" hub flange will also glue inside the 4" pipe/spigot of the closet bend if you mess up the or have to redo the flange.

4-in-flange-hub-stainless-steel

-3-x-4-pvc-closet-flange-with-stainless-steel-ring

closet bend.jpg

Latest posts

Back