Net for lifting WH up to an attic?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumberpaul

Reaction score
Do any you guys know of a net I can buy that I can use to lift a WH up to an attic? I have a come along tool and some heavy duty rope but I feel as though a net would be better for the job.

what ??? LOL... all we do, is screw a 3'' nipple in the tank, with a 90 and a 6'' nipple

one guy gets in the attic, one guy shoves the water heater up to him

he grabs the nipples [like a handle] and pulls, while the other guy pushs from the bottom

then as it goes up, the guy on the bottom goes up a ladder still pushing

Last edited:
We did a few in these town homes that had the attic access above a stair landing that was at least 15ft up. We used 4 nipples, 2 90's and a union to make a loop on top of the heater between the hot /cold supply taps.

Did not have a pulley or come-a-long. wrapped a rope around a rafter and pulled the slack as some one pushed it up from the bottom..
The ladder was built into the wall because there was no way to set one on the landing.. Better make damn sure the rope is strong enough and the what ever you tie it to will not give. The guy pushing it up will end up like Wiley Coyote.

Latest posts

Back