Cement in Drain Prevention

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

effervescent11

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a new homeowner. I just purchased my first home and unfortunately had to go through the eviction process with a tenant that would not leave. She has unfortunately threatened to pour cement down the pipes. I have called the police and there is nothing they can do until she actually does it, but by then, it is already too late.

I was wondering if there is anything I can do to prevent the cement from setting, if she does pour it? It is a single detached home. She lives in the basement unit and there is access to the sump pump, shower drain, bathroom drain, kitchen sink drain and bathroom sink drain. I live in the two floors above. She'll likely do it right before she leaves on the last day, so I have a small window of opportunity to prevent it from setting.

I tried searching Google, but nothing clear came up. I saw suggestions of keeping the water on all day to flush the cement, using coke, using vinegar, using muriatic acid and using sugar. I am not sure what the best course of action is. Please give me any advice you may have. Thank you!

I have never had an occasion to try this, but many years ago, I heard that a bag of regular refined sugar will prevent concrete from setting. This was from the head mechanic for a company that mixed and delivered concrete company, and if one of their trucks broke down with a load of concrete in it, it would be a major pain to get the dried concrete out of it.

I have never had an occasion to try this, but many years ago, I heard that a bag of regular refined sugar will prevent concrete from setting. This was from the head mechanic for a company that mixed and delivered concrete company, and if one of their trucks broke down with a load of concrete in it, it would be a major pain to get the dried concrete out of it.

interesting

Latest posts

Back