P Trap for tub

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfwspygirl

Reaction score
Can you access the p trap to the tub drain without taking the tub out?

Regardless, what's involved when removing a tub? (we may be putting new in). How is the tub connected to the drain? I guess what I'm asking is do you just pull the tub out? And then what? How do you separate the tub from the drain? Does it just come right out, or do you have to cut it or something?

Normally you can access the trap either by access panel behind tub or the basement/crawl space.

Remove the overflow trim then remove the tub drain with a special tool

I'm in Texas we don't have basements/crawl space (unless house is pier & beam mine is slab) And there is no access panel.

disconnect waste and overr flow from tub

a tub, sits in a framed in hole. to remove the tub, you must cut the sheet rock

slide it out..then tip one end up...stand it completely on its end

walk it out

cut a hole behind the tub in the bedroom or closet..where ever it is

to access the drain behind the tub..that is where you will hook up the new one

9898.png

tub.jpg

What is on the backside of the tub. They sell access panels that you can cut in.If your just looking to change or tighten the trap

CT-18 the tub is against the wall to the garage.

I had mold in there and it has been remediated so it looks like the pic above(no window though). So if I need to take the tub out then nows the time to do it since it's exposed. I just didn't know how the tub is connected to the drain.

Frodo...How do you disengage the tub from the drain I guess is what I'm wondering.

Latest posts

Back