Antique Vanity sink - drain flange part?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joy18

Reaction score
I went to my local plumbing supply store and they couldn't help me find a drain flange wide enough to span the oddly wide drain. Anyone know anything about what parts I need to connect a P.O. drain (with overflow?) I have 2 days to figure it out before I have to return the sink to the store for credit. I'm at a loss at this point. The sink takes a standard 1 1/4" drain, but the upper flange is too small diameter to work (they just fall through the extra big diameter hole, which is 2 1/4" ) Any help is appreciated.

sink.jpg

sink2.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm, you know what, I think on this sink, the portion that holds the drain flange broke off, and I either need to get out the epoxy and s glass to rebuild a new flange seat, or just return the basin. I'll go look at the sink tonight and see if it looks like the flange seat cracked off the basin. Oh, and I'd have to be able to remove the rust stains (pictured above) on the basin. Anyone know how to remove rust stains on a porcelain sink like this? EDIT: Yup, looks like the flange seat broke off, all the way around, and I'd need to build a new one out of epoxy and fiberglass, to fit a new 1 1/4" drain. Still, anyone know if I can use toilet bowl cleaner to clean off the rust spots?

Last edited:
this will do it
Sure did!!!! Thanks! It worked on both sinks, even the marbled one. $1.88 at Walmart; can't beat that!

However on the brown sink with the weird oversized hole, the hole is wider than a regular "flange." I still need an oversized flange even after repairing the flange seat. Anyone know where I can get an oversized flange, that fits the standard 1 1/4" drain, and is just a tad wider than the standard 2 1/8" drain flange? See the gap in the below photo - (that's using my 2 1/8" drain flange.) Also, notice the stains are gone! Yay for that much!

EDIT: Wait, uh, that Ferguson Dearborn Brass Standard Bar Sink drain fits onto a 1 1/2" pipe thread, and the flange is 2.9 inches across. So both those dimensions are too big for what I'm looking for I think?
Alternatively I could just get some brown/off-white plumbers putty and just span the gap with that. Or I could just give up on this sink and return it and keep the other one now that the stains came off. I just love the brown/off white color of this old sink.

drain flange.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back