Very roughed in seperate tub and shower

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gustopho

Reaction score
I am converting our 14 x 26 attached garage into a master bed/bathroom. I handed raised the floor with 2x8 joist #2 fur about 8.5 inches of the concrete slab so the room is flush with the for threshold. My stack is located in the basement, about 25-30 strait diagonal from the furthest fixture which Errol be the soaker tub.

I will be pitting in what the county inspector referred to as a plumbers wall to allow for the water supply and vents to access the roof and building a drop ceiling so the room has 8' walls. I want it to match up with the rest of the house as much as possible.

My question is pertaining to the venting in the pictures below. These drains are not yet cemented or hung permanently yet as I wanted to get above before I set them.

As you can see I have the vents running back opposite of the drains to access the fake wall that will be built. I am making all the drains 2" as will be the vents as well.

Well this pass inspection or am I total of the radar with this setup?

Thanks for all the help!

20160830_212922.jpg

20160830_212847.jpg

20160830_212902.jpg

20160830_212822.jpg

20160830_212832.jpg

thank you for the heads up on the plastic.

the drain to the right will be the walk-in shower. The drain on the left with the vent going over the 2x4 stringers will be the soaker tub. I plan on raising the tub 4 inches to allow for the vent and also for tile to surround the bottom. There will be a toilet on the exact opposite wall of the tub and shower directly across from the tub.

REALLY!!! :) So this looks like it should pass inspection providing I get the correct slope and fasteners to keep it in place?

You have just made my entire night sir.

I will be using that link you provide in your signature.

Thank you so much

This is the part when I start second guessing myself. I got everything cemented and placed. I'm going to go buy the caps and cap off all the stubs for the inspector to pressure test the system.

I just want to clarify and bare with me Frodo, can you or someone please clarify with me that the vents I have running horizontally back to the wall are up to code and will likely pass inspection?

I just want to be able to move onto the next step of the conversion so getting the plumbing passed will be the major milestone add everything else is already good to go.

Thanks again!!

Latest posts

Back