Plumbers Snake

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plumbear

Reaction score
What snake should I buy? I've seen they have these crazy ones with pneumatic pumps and other bells and whistles. I'm willing to pay if they work I just want to be sure. What do professional plumbers use?

Most of the Pros use a 3/8" hand operated snake for smaller drain pipes. Some have electric that work like a drill. There is a difference in the materials used for a professional snake and a homeowners snake from HD or Lowes. Cost is also higher. If you get into main drains, an auger has stronger and larger cable and the heads can be changed to meet the application. These are not cheap.

What size drains would you be cleaning?

hands down, i use Gorlitz, i have 3 machines 1/4 cable, 3/8 cable and the big boy 11/16... 3 separate machines is the only way to go,,, also my mini jetter is also gorlitz...
However the Gorlitz pedals SUCK, i go without most time only because when i lift off that pedal, it better STOP... the old black ones worked best, now this orange junk ($80) just makes me mad... besides that, Gorlitz in my opinon is the best

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back