The squatty potty

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda like how I crap in the woods.

Couldn't you just lean forward and save a few bucks?

The girl on the front page sure looks happy.
I find most toilets too low, especially modern ones.
And the water level is too close to the seat, if you get my drift.
Edit: OK, I wasn't gonna do it, but I watched the video. Next time I'm having trouble, I'll take Chris's advice and lean forward. But that may cut into my YouTube time.

Last edited:
I've never seen these, but in Singapore they had ones that were on the ground. My father called them "bomb sites".
squat-toilet.jpg

Those would be terrible on the knees, but they are very popular in Asia. In fact, there were quite a few people in Singapore who found the idea of sitting on a seat that other people sat on to be totally disgusting. If the squat toilet in a public restroom was occupied, some of them would actually stand on the seat and squat.

Leaning forward, straightening the spine, etc sometimes help. Sometimes rocking back and forth can help. And, remember what Beavis and Butthead said-- "Use manners". Keep chanting "please come out".

I hope I'm not the only one here who remembers that episode.

This has been a topic of conversation in my household. With my knees, I would obviously be "SOL", but has anyone here seen this before?

http://www.squattypotty.com/

While looking at an unrelated problem to the toilet, I noticed one of those in a friend's house. When I asked about it she went into a little too much detail about how wonderful it is. Since she has had a few surgeries over the years and difficulties with her lower back, it was recommended by her doctor. She said that it has made her life much easier (in fewer words than she used). I guess you could say that she gave it a glowing review.

Latest posts

Back