Plumbing Forum - Professional & DIY Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion > General Plumbing Help > Drain For Basement Sink Question

Help Support Plumbing Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 12-14-2017, 01:41 PM   #1
ChrisC

Default Drain For Basement Sink Question

Hi everyone, looking for some advice. I want to install a pump out basement sink. I have attached a picture of my current drain situation at the basement laundry. The p trap is about 3 ft off floor and the top of the standpipe where the washer dumps is about 6 ft. This is the way it was built when we bought. I am trying to figure the best way to tap in the sink drain. I would use one of those vent-less sink pumps. the drain coming in from above is the kitchen sink, I thought maybe i could splice a sanitary tee in this vertical pipe and have the basement sink pump up to here. I dont know if that is correct. The drain pumping up from the basement sink would have a check valve.
Thanks
Chris
Edit: added photo of preconstruction kitchen the pipe with the arrow becomes the vertical pipe noted in first photo

IMG_20171212_164652.jpg   20071022-c wall kitchen.jpg  

Last edited by ChrisC; 12-14-2017 at 02:17 PM. Reason: added photo