Bathroom sink faucet has sticky handle.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedbump

Retired Pump guy.
Professional
Reaction score
I can't find any name on it and if you need a picture, I can take one later. I think it's a Delta single handle faucet. It's getting harder to pull out and push back in. I tried to get the cylinder out to lube it up or replace it, but it isn't coming out and I don't want to destroy it cause I hate hanging upside down under a sink cabinet.

When I took the handle off, there is a little U pin that pulls straight up to release the stem, it came out, but the stem ain't moving. Is there a Plumbers trick that you guys will share with me to get it out. I promise not to disclose it to anyone else.:eek:

speedbump, what you have is a Moen faucet. The only cure is to replace the cartridge. The horseshoe clip is what holds the cartridge in place. More often the not they become frozen in, making a puller necessary to get them out. You can get the puller at home depot. They also sell the cartridge, but if you call Moen's 800# they will send one free of charge.
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/cat...en+crtridge puller&Ns=None&Ntpr=1&Ntpc=1&sele
John

I went to their site and sent an email with 3 pictures of the sink and shower faucets. Hopefully I'll have two new cartridges soon. Do you think the cheaper puller will work on both? The reviews on the cheaper one were mixed

I'm almost certain they are brass. I guess if they are willing to send free cylinders, I shouldn't complain about a $20 some dollar tool. And I can pass it down to my Grandkids. We will never wear it out.

Your right on the postage. I wouldn't borrow a Man's tools anyhow, but I appreciate the offer. I'm reminded of the time I loaned out my Chain Saw. It cost me a new chain and bar. The chain quit cutting, but he didn't.

Update. Two brand new Moen Cartridges coming my way as of yesterday afternoon.

Should I even try their plastic removal tool or just go get the good one from HD?

Good one, the plastic one isn't too great in my opinion. Those cartridges really suck to pull out so you'll want a decent tool to help ya out

OK, that's what I needed to know. I'm off to HD to get the good extractor. I don't want to have to buy the cheap one, then go back and buy the good one.

Well, it's not the first time I've worked on a Faucet, but it's the first for this one. The funniest part might be my feet and legs hanging out of the cabinet while trying to turn off the water. Or funnier yet, when I removed the cylinder without turning off the water.

OK Guys,

I finally got the tool and the two FREE cylinders. Both came out and went back in without a bit of trouble.

Phish wanted me to take some pictures so here are the before and after shots. Amazing isn't it?

Thanks guys for all the help.

before1.jpg.jpg

after2.jpg.jpg

before2.jpg (2).jpg

after1.jpg.jpg

Latest posts

Back